Please note that although CV-19 Government restrictions are still in place we still plan to run some events where possible, but be aware these may need to changed / cancelled at short notice.
HWBKA Beginners’ Course – Session 2
March 13 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Session 2 - Saturday 13th of March - on Zoom
- The biology of the honeybee.
- CD about the life cycle of the honeybee.
- Bee Life cycle. Identification of the 3 castes.
- Development of bees from egg to adult.
- Functions of the 3 castes in the hive.
- Organisation of the colony - various worker tasks.
- Reproduction of the colony.
- The swarming impulse.
- The bee’s annual cycle.
- Bee products: honey, wax, pollen, & propolis; how & why the bees use them. Water.
- Foraging bee communication, pollination, and interaction plants & bees.