Please note that in the event of future CV-19 Government restrictions we may need to change / cancel events at short notice.
- This event has passed.
HWBKA Beginners’ Course – Session 2
March 13, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Session 2 - Saturday 13th of March - on Zoom
- The biology of the honeybee.
- CD about the life cycle of the honeybee.
- Bee Life cycle. Identification of the 3 castes.
- Development of bees from egg to adult.
- Functions of the 3 castes in the hive.
- Organisation of the colony - various worker tasks.
- Reproduction of the colony.
- The swarming impulse.
- The bee’s annual cycle.
- Bee products: honey, wax, pollen, & propolis; how & why the bees use them. Water.
- Foraging bee communication, pollination, and interaction plants & bees.