Please note that in the event of future CV-19 Government restrictions we may need to change / cancel events at short notice.
- This event has passed.
HWBKA Beekeepers’ Course – Session 7
June 12, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Session 7 - Saturday 12th June (Slab Castle Apiary or in your / your tutor’s apiary )
- Pests & Diseases.
- Diseases and treatments for Varroa.
- How to look through a colony for brood disease.
- Checking for adult bee diseases.
- Taking a sample for analysis.
- Notifiable diseases.
- Ministry system for bee disease control.
- Looking for Varroa: screen floors & mite drop, drone comb monitoring, other varroa treatments.
- Use of chemicals & resistance.
- Chemical poisoning
- Learning how to recognise healthy brood comb and normal behaviour of the bees.
- Checking for other pests & diseases: wax moth, chalk brood, sac brood, acarine, nosema, etc.
- Importance of brood comb renewal.