Please note that although CV-19 Government restrictions are still in place we still plan to run some events where possible, but be aware these may need to changed / cancelled at short notice.
HWBKA Beekeepers’ Course – Session 7
June 12 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Session 7 - Saturday 12th June (Slab Castle Apiary or in your / your tutor’s apiary )
- Pests & Diseases.
- Diseases and treatments for Varroa.
- How to look through a colony for brood disease.
- Checking for adult bee diseases.
- Taking a sample for analysis.
- Notifiable diseases.
- Ministry system for bee disease control.
- Looking for Varroa: screen floors & mite drop, drone comb monitoring, other varroa treatments.
- Use of chemicals & resistance.
- Chemical poisoning
- Learning how to recognise healthy brood comb and normal behaviour of the bees.
- Checking for other pests & diseases: wax moth, chalk brood, sac brood, acarine, nosema, etc.
- Importance of brood comb renewal.